Thursday, March 27, 2014

A Western Weekend

Yayyy!! I've blogged twice in a little over a week! WOOT WOOT!! I thought I would take the time while washing clothes and packing to do another blog post before jetting off to Raleigh this weekend for a yoga training (sigh). I swear, all these weekends out of town are really messing me up. I'm not sure why I even bother to unpack anymore. Okay, fine. I don't unpack. I just live out of my suitcase for the entire week which makes my room a complete mess - especially when my bear-child decides he wants to play in the suitcase and start crawling with whatever he's holding onto. This leaves our room a disaster with clothes, straighteners, toiletries, etc., scattered all around the room. Good thing my hubby loves me so much!! Sorry Joshy!

As I previously mentioned in the last post, I went to Western last Friday to visit my sister for her Alpha Chi Omega sorority Mother/Daughter function. I was SO excited to live up the college life again. No joke, I had already given myself a pep talk about staying up late and had put on my big girl party panties/outfit in preparation to go out with her to parties or a bar. Her response? "Oh, I haven't really asked around what's going on because I know you're old and like to go to bed early." WHAT?!?! I'll have you know that I was one of the last men standing at the bachelorette party I just went to!!! It took me the remaining ride to reassure her that I would indeed be able to hang with the cool kids. While she set out looking for things to do, I was finally pulling up at WCU. We briefly visited while painting our faces and dressing for the shin dig. Here's a few pics of us at the Mother/Daughter jewelry party:



While the function was tons of fun, we were very eager to eat so we went over to the local mexican restaurant for dinner. We had every intention to find parties after dinner but ended up going to see the greatest new Divergent movie that has my future husband Theo in it (sorry Joshy!!) with several of Syd's suite mates. The movie was SO good! For those who haven't seen it, go see it now!! Following the movie we were totally party animals and went back to the dorm for a little extra movie and relaxing girls night. In my defense, I warned Syd that if we went back, I would most likely be down for the count. Syd and I got to snuggle in a twin size bed in her dorm room that night and while it was a tight fit... I loved the cuddle time!!

Early Saturday morning we got up to do the brunch with the sorority........ Then we decided to skip it, ha! Instead, we went to Asheville to this really cool Mellow Mushroom for lunch. Look at how cool the outside of it is!


We had a blast at lunch and I was so excited that I was able to come up to hang out with Syd. We had so much fun!! Thanks for the invite, Sissy!!

While I was at Western, Joshy and Mase went with Paw Paw to the Knights Season Tickets Opening festival thing they were having at the new Knights stadium. Why do they always do fun stuff when I'm not there?!?! Here are some of the wayyy cute pics that I received:

Riding the train with Daddy and Paw Paw



Aren't they just the cutest?! 




Such a little Stinker. Really, I know I'm biased but he's just the cutest kid ever! SQUEEZEEE those little cheeks!

He gone.


You can't tell in these pics but Joshy and Paw Paw said that he thought Homer was the funniest thing ever. Mase was laughing SO hard and loud that people around them were laughing because he was giggling so hard! Again, cutest kid ever.




When I got home, we went over to Mi Mi and Paw Paw's for dinner because Aunt Joe had come into town to visit with Mommy during her 5th chemo (only 1 more to go Mi Mi!). Here are some great pics of our trip:

I'm not sure if it was the weather or what but this kid was extra happy and giggly all day. 


Looking at the flowers with Aunt Joe

ONE of the sisters wins the favorite Great Aunt award!! 


I see that baby-hogging runs in the family!


Flash forward to Sunday where we went to visit Uncle Zach and Aunt Kristina. Well, Mason really went to visit his future wife, Marlee Marie (we are pro-arranged marriages around here). Marlee is just a few months behind Mason but Kristina made a good point about how funny it is that seeing Mason is like seeing what's to come in the near future with Marlee. It's crazy seeing how much they develop in just a few months. Stop growing so fast, babies!! Here's a few pics of our adventure:

They were enamored with Zoe


This pic cracks me up. I think this may have been after Mase smacked Marlee?? We're working on being gently... Sorry Marlee, Mase really does love you!! 
It's hard to tell with the bad iphone video, but Marlee was laughing hard at Mase laughing:


All in all we have had a great week thus far! We did have a first-timer tonight of Mason pooping in the tub. I put him in there to play and was looking in the mirror trying to figure out how I can afford Botox to get rid of these wrinkles when Joshy walks in and says, "babe, are you not watching him?" Well, no sir. The kid loves the bath and I am well aware that he is not drowning! I'm standing 2 feet away from the tub! I turn to look and I see why Josh is frustrated. Yep, $hits McGee strikes again. There's poop all in the tub. (SIGH) So here's to 10 minutes of cleaning the tub and rinsing off all the toys to put in a bag to throw in the dishwasher. Good thing this kid is extra cute or else I could be really aggravated with him!

In other news, we are now in the dropping/throwing phase. Mase has started dropping food or throwing it. Usually he did it when he was done eating but now he's eating a bite then dropping or throwing a bite. See below:


And then we get this:


It's especially embarrassing when this is under his highchair in restaurants. Sorry bout it! 
Like I said earlier, good thing he's cute! Here are some other randoms of the past week:




I just noticed that all of them involve eating. I'm pretty sure it's because he eats all.the.time. Seriously, kid is a bottomless pit! 
Giggles with Mommy in the mornings! 

Well kids, I am off! Tomorrow I am heading to Raleigh for a yoga training this weekend. Then it's back for several days then off to Florida for Ki Ki's bachelorette party!! WOOT WOOT!! Happy Thursday/Friday morning!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment