Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Texas & Mills Wedding Roundup

Once again I have seriously neglected this blog. Sorry bout it! Remember me telling you that I was doing something for the next 2374893724908320 weekends? Well that started 4 weekends ago?? I'm lucky to know what day it is, really. It's also becoming increasingly harder to unpack my suitcase knowing that I'm just going to pack it again in a few days. (SIGH) I'm going to try to make this quick let's be serious I have 3 weeks of fun filled activities to catch up on so it's going to be soooo long!

I was somewhat dreading the weekend before last. Don't get me wrong, I was BEYOND excited to go visit my bestie in Texas for her bachelorette party but I was also so nervous about leaving Mason for the first time. However, I managed to get through packing and dropping him off without any tears and was on my way to the airport. Here is our final goodbye pic:




My father was nice enough to drop me off at the airport 3 hours early. At that point my only option was to head straight to the bar. And can you believe that I made a very nice friend at the bar that ended up buying my lunch and drinks??? Joshy always makes fun of me about talking to everyone when we go places but it totally pays off! Special thanks to my friend Tom for starting my weekend off right!


Once landed, I was SO excited to see my best Celina. She is a big time Crossfit junkie and it just so happened she had to do a workout that evening because we knew that she wouldn't be able to do it for the rest of the weekend due to future bachelorette activities. After that we went to a delicious Mexican restaurant then home to enjoy our free night together and I got the pleasure of bonding with her soon-to-be Stepson, Ethan, and her fiance, Coit. Ethan has the coolest room and superhero gear (see below):



By the time we got settled in at home, it was time to go to bed. I'm so glad we had this night so that Celina and I could catch up with each other. The next morning I said my goodbyes to Ethan and we were off to the North Texas campus for Celina to meet briefly with her professor about the thesis she's doing to get her masters.



Once that meeting was over, Coit was the best fiance ever and was our driver to this great Top Golf place. Come to find out, the closest one to us is in Richmond, VA, but I've never even heard of it. It's basically a driving range but it's also a bar too. Each individual driving station has their own table complete with waitress and television (along with heaters which I was very thankful for). The driving range has many different games that you can play.

This one had a sofa area on it but most of them were tall bar tables to sit at


See those target looking things? Well there are several games that you can play with these. We played our game to where it was basically like archery targets. The closer you got to the bullseye (flag) the more points you got. It was such a fun game! 


After we got done with our golf we enjoyed a fun night with the girls at Celina's house. The next morning we went to another city for a spa day and a night on the town. Here are some pics from our night out:






The MOH and I 

I went to a piano bar for the first time this night and it was the coolest! If I ever talk myself into going out again I am definitely trying to go to one of these!



And the next morning we all felt and looked like this:


I had SO much fun and was so glad that I had the opportunity to celebrate with these girls! I cannot wait for the wedding!! I am even more thankful for my parents and hubby for sending me pic updates all weekend of my sweet boy. Here are just a few that helped me not miss him so much:




FaceTime with Mommy! I was so happy to have this every day. It sure made things so much easier!
To top off a GREAT weekend, my hubby had told me he had a surprise for me when I got home. Knowing my cheap husband, this grand "surprise" was probably Cadbury eggs that I love so much because they're only $0.69 at the Dollar General down the road. However, I was literally floored to open this:




SAY WHAT?!?!?! WHO ARE YOU AND WHAT HAVE YOU DONE WITH MY CHEAP HUSBAND?!?!?! To say I was speechless is an understatement - and if you've met my family you would know how hard that is to do. Best.Hubby.EVER!!!!!

There was only one thing that would have made that night perfect but that would require me waking up the monster and I was not going to do that. I knew somewhat hoped if I went in there and even said a word to him that he would have been up wanting to see me. This was probably wishful thinking on my part but oh well! A mom can dream that this is the reaction she gets!

About 8 hours later my wish came true. I FINALLY got to see my boy. Remember my wishful thinking the night before how I imagined he would be so excited to see me? Wanna know the reaction I got? Screams. Stinking screams because someone had $hit all over his clothes, his bed and wanted his bottle immediately. He's like a bear. DON'T POKE THE BEAR!! Not in the mornings anyways. You will come back with nubs. Once we got past the crap and fed the bear, I was greeted with this:


He's now started crawling like this. It's hilarious!


Isn't he just the cutest?! It took me a couple of days to recover from the previous weekend. There were several moments where I wanted to shut my office door, crawl under my desk and wait to die.We had several beautiful days the following week as well as a surprise visit from Mase, Ms. Dawn and Collier to attend one of my classes. Here's a couple of pics from that week:









That following weekend kicked off my big not biological brother Jason's wedding weekend! Friday morning we woke up to breakfast and then we were heading to the Bridal Luncheon for Becca. Ms. Dawn was nice enough to bring Collier over to help watch all of the kiddos while we were gone:



Lil & Collier playing a beautiful piece on the piano

Meanwhile, we were having a blast at the bridal luncheon: 

I thought it was hilarious that Mom and Nae Nae (MOG) were matching! 

Bride and MOG
We had a little down time after we got back before we had to get ready for the rehearsal dinner so here's a little fun that we had while we waited playing with one of Mom's wigs that we found: 










We enlisted Rachel and Chaney along with Sarah's nanny, Carney, to watch the kiddos for the weekend. The boys mainly my husband may or may not have had a little TOO much to drink prior to the activities but we all know there's no stopping them. So naturally, I spent most of the night being annoyed with him. Here are some pics of the rehearsal dinner:



Apart from these idiots faces, nobody told me I looked preggars in this dress!! 




Uncle Jeff making a wonderful speech!



The lovely bride and groom! LOVE THEM!! 
The next morning, we decided to take Lilly and Mase downtown to see the new Knights stadium and play in Romare Bearden park to lose some energy. Here's a couple of pics riding the train: 





We didn't even get to the train station when I started feeling really sick. I had been feeling uncomfortable sick the past couple of days but now it hit me like a brick wall. I'm glad that there was a huge St. Patty's Day festival going on downtown to distract the kids while I was getting sick in any and all bathrooms I could find going down the road.

Later that afternoon when we got back, I managed to get ready for the wedding. I managed to stay through the entire wedding but only lasted about 20 minutes at the reception I felt so bad. Let's be honest, there's only so many times you can blow up the Country Club bathroom when people start to judge you. Okay, maybe they judge you the first time but what's a girl to do?! For those of you wondering if my husband came home with me because his wife was so sick, the answer is no. There was an open bar. At that point there is no "leaving" until the wedding is over. Fine by me, I went home and got some great sleep!

Here's the few pics I did manage to take/steal: 



Aren't they the cutest?!


I can tell you that the wedding and reception were absolutely gorgeous! But the bride and groom outshone them all. **Jason and Becca - we are so happy for you and wish you a lifetime of love and laughter! We love you both!!! **


The next morning, I was feeling a TON better. I was so sad that I missed out on one heck of a wedding but seriously could not even try to deal with that whole sickness. 

I will leave you with some randoms that have been taken over the past couple of weeks. So sorry to my little Squishy Craft for not getting any photos of him this weekend! Aunt KK loves you to pieces though!! I am off in an attempt to get some sleep. I hope everyone has a great rest of the week! 


Reading with Paw Paw

Now watching Elmo with Aunt KK - love this little girl!! 




No comments:

Post a Comment