Tuesday, February 5, 2013

The Gender Reveal

Josh and I found out on a Monday that we were having a baby boy that we would name Mason Alexander! YAYY!! Not that we wouldn't have loved a little girl just as much. So for the rest of the week we worked our booties off trying to get M’s room ready. We started cleaning out his room but we shortly figured out that we didn't have any place to put anything. We live in an old mill house so we don’t have any a lot of storage. There was another thing that we could add to our to-do list! We finally got everything cleaned out and started on decorating. What’s worse is we had to keep this secret ALL week. If you know us me, then you know how hard it is for any of the Eaker girls me to keep a secret. So, I just went to avoidance all together. Any time someone called, I would either hand the phone to Josh or ignore the calls all together. It’s amazing what people will do to get a secret from you. My bff, Celina, threatened that if I don’t tell her the gender then she would wait a whole week before she told me that she was engaged. I usually talk to my sister every day through chat and she had a very unique way of telling me what she thought we were having. We would look at bedding furniture and we would look at both boys and girls bedding. We would start out looking at both genders… then she would just send me girl things and forget the boys because she was convinced we were having a girl. The grandmothers (our parents) would tell us constantly how inconvenient it was to have to buy things for both genders knowing they would have to take back the other gender later on next week. You would think that a week was a lifetime away.

We FINALLY got the room ready and all we had to do was make the food the day of. Well, everything was going smoothly until I found out that there were two different party times being told. Apparently, Josh refuses to look  did not look at the calendar and told people to be here two hours early. If any of you know me, you know I live off of the calendar. I even found a way to sync our calendars together through our iPhones. LOOK AT THE CALENDAR, SIR!!!! So when half of the family was showing up and I hadn’t gotten ready nor had done the cupcakes…. Mommy had another meltdown. There were tears.

Thank goodness for our families being so understanding! They are SUCH a blessing. They stalled for a little bit and came back an hour later. I love them! Once everyone was back together, we got to do our gender reveal. And here’s how it turned out:












Cousin Lily playing with the balloons








Thank you family for loving me us while we get our life together. Can’t wait to meet you Baby M!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment