Wednesday, March 5, 2014

8 Months Update

WHERE has the time gone?! It's like you blink and 8 months have blown by! I'm going to attempt to be quick on this update since I still have 28390483924 things left to do before I head to Texas tomorrow. So here we go! 


Crappy iPhone photos





Have I told you how much I love this kid?!
**Side note: this 8 month update is pretty sad.. I'm sure it's because I just did the 7 month update like 2 weeks ago (SIGH)**

Weight: not a clue, all I know is he is h-e-a-v-y!
Height: No clue, but from what everyone is saying he is extremely tall/big for his age. Compared to most babies that are a couple of months older, he is a lot bigger than them. Who knows??

Feeding: I seriously cannot keep enough food in this kid. He is constantly eating all.the.time. We are now starting to work our way into real food. He's had (and enjoyed) spaghetti, crackers, cheese, strawberries, his usual rice, the baby food for lunch and dinner, pizza crust and tons more.

Firsts: High fives (he's starting to get it); Not much in 2 weeks people

Developments: He's definitely starting to take steps on his own without us forcing him; Homeboy is teething like crazy (he's on his third tooth!); crawling like it's his job; he loves testing out his vocals and trying new sounds (seriously, don't try watching a tv show with him in the room because you won't be able to hear it over his screeching/yelling); there are so many  more but I can't really think right now

Likes: bath; talking/yelling; being tickled; laughing; Puffs/Graham Crackers/Flip Jacks; Food in general; sleeping; force-cuddling with Mommy (maybe this is more my likes but whatev!); crawling; playing with light sockets (I really need to baby proof); watching other children run around/play; riding in his car instead of his stroller - he thinks he's cool stuff in that thing; playing with Daddy & Mommy; swinging; being outside; getting into trouble

Dislikes: getting out of the bath; changing his diaper; being hungry; teething; Like I always say, he's a great little guy so there's not much that makes him upset

What I'm Thankful For: A great support system. I have been super stressed lately with all the plans that I have the next couple of months and I cannot be more grateful for my friends and family that have been helping me out and letting me know that they're there. Most of you know, I don't like asking for help. The last thing I want to do is inconvenience someone - even if they offer. I'm glad that my friends and family have been so eager to step up and let me know that they are here to help with Mase when I need it or even if I just need a break for a little bit. We are extremely blessed and we thank y'all for all that you do!

What I'm Looking Forward to: Well for starters, I head to Texas tomorrow to kick off my bestie's bachelorette party weekend!! WOOT WOOT!! I cannot wait!!! Then the next weekend is my brother, Jason's wedding! YESSS!!

Apart from this very sad 8 Month Update.... Here are a couple of pics from the Keller Cabin Weekend two weekends ago:







We got all bundled up Saturday morning to go hiking down by the creek



Taking a moment to tie shoes!



Cousin Chase had a BLAST hiking through the woods. He even had FUN and wasn't bored without a tv!

The boys' job was to make sure that the girls and kids crossed the creek safely without falling in. They had their work cut out for them, ha!

Mase had SUCH a good time. He loved hiking and kept bouncing up and down in the Bjorn. 

Sorry Debra, I had to do it. It was just TOO funny not to post! At one point we had to hike up the really steep hill so the boys had to basically help pull us up it. The boys were NOT very caring to their mother!! 



This is probably my favorite pic of the weekend. So pretty! 
When we got home that Sunday, our Mason got to meet someone that is very dear to us, brother Hunter!


As usual, the next weekend flew by! That Friday we met us with Uncle TJ, Aunt Kim Kim & Peyton. It was so good to catch up with them. I swear, I could just eat Peyt up he's the cutest!







I had to work a half day that Saturday morning during basketball. Once I got home, it was so nice we just HAD to go for a walk.

Mase got this little car for Christmas. It says it's for ages 18 - 24 months but he sits up pretty well so we decided to test it out. He.LOVES.it.

On Sunday, I assisted in throwing another bestie a baby shower. This was my first one I did without the assistance of my sister so I was super pumped about it. With the help of Casey, Toni and JJ, it turned out great!

The rag wreath I made for Baby K 



Besties for over 15 years!
I'm pretty sure that covers the past two weeks, I will leave you with some randoms taken over the past couple of weeks:




Twinsies!



The bottom one was something that Ms. Dawn did for Mom's chemo day! Isn't she the cutest?!

One last thing. I would like to wish the cutest Squishy nephew a happy 1 month! That's right, they're exactly 7 months a part so I should be able to remember his birthday, right?? I promise to try my hardest Craft. On the rare chance I do forget, don't be offended because Uncle Joshy has to remind me every year that it's his birthday, ha!
Thank you for the sweet "gift" you gave me! I'm sure your mother enjoyed cleaning that one up ;-))))


Alright friends, I will try my hardest to update next week once I return. In all seriousness, I'll do it when I find the time or am not that sleepy ;-) I hope everyone has a FABULOUS rest of the week. I'm so excited about Texas tomorrow I'm not sure I'll be able to sleep!


No comments:

Post a Comment