Monday, August 19, 2013

First Day Back to Work

Today was the day I have been dreading ever since I had M. Today I had to go back to work. BOOOO!!! M has been the biggest blessing. I never really knew you could love someone so much and so quickly as I have loved Mason. I knew it would be hard for me but I didn't realize how hard it would be to leave my little man. My biggest fear has been that I’m going to miss all of his firsts. I don’t want to miss him rolling over. I don’t want to miss his first out-loud giggle. I don’t want to miss his first steps. I don’t want to miss him starting to crawl. I don’t want to miss his first words. I don’t want to miss anything! And I feel like going back to work I’m going to miss everything.

So when I woke up this morning I went and grabbed my little man out of his bed and just held him for about 30 minutes. After all, I’m not going to get to spend a lot of time with him today. As I looked over the edge of his crib I was met with the most beautiful smile I've ever seen. Seriously, kid. Try to make it easier on mommy! I did great all morning getting ready and when we finally went to Ms. Dawn’s I was telling myself over and over again that I was NOT going to cry. Because Ms. Dawn loves him so much and is great for him. She has been such a blessing and I know that she is going to adore him just as much as we do. We took a few minutes this morning to take our pics:






I was so proud of myself. I got him inside without crying. I left without crying. I got in the car and started driving without crying. I even talked to my mom on the way to work without crying. I got through my workday without crying. I got pictures at work without crying. I just wrote this blog and cried.  I got home from work and while sitting in the driveway about to walk in to see this:



My husband said that we had a surprise from Ms. Dawn in our bag. Isn't she SOO cute?! We are blessed to the max that M has such a wonderful lady taking care of him. We already love her so much!



I cried again.


They tell me every day that every day will get easier. I’m crossing my fingers on that one because I still don’t want to go back to work tomorrow!

On a happier note, I'm going to be a second aunt! To say I'm excited is a HUGE understatement! Here's a pic of my cute little Beaner telling the good news:


No comments:

Post a Comment