Monday, August 26, 2013

Working Mommy

Originally, I was so sad to be going back to work in fear that I would miss out on everything. And it helps that M is such a good baby because he adjusted perfectly much to my disgust. I mean really, kid. At least pretend like you're going to miss me. After a week of working, I am glad that I did indeed go back to work. I have found myself appreciating the time that we have together and I'm also a lot more attentive to him when I get home. It also helps that we have the BEST person EVER keeping him. Ms. Dawn is so great for him. What's even better? She sends us a notebook home every day with notes telling us how their day went and what they did. What's better than that?? She sends us pics and videos which I LOVE! Here are some that we got:

This is the fabulous Ms. Dawn - LOVE her!

M was "talking" to the fish


Milk drunk and happy! 
Smiling for Ms. Jenna


Oi. He ALWAYS falls asleep on tummy time.



He's just growing up SOO fast! Having these pics helps me get through the days, I tell you!

M has always been a great baby. Lately he's starting to test his vocals and speak a lot more. Now he's starting to smile and laugh a LOT. I got the cutest pics and video of him the other day and just HAVE to share them:













Before we knew it, the weekend was upon us. Friday afternoon we had our second play date at my parents pool with this little cutie named Kiser. M was passed out the majority of the time but Kiser had SO much fun playing in the water (which was FREEZING):




That afternoon we decided to go visit Josh's parents in Hickory. I was getting my hair cut there the next day and we were also getting our new furniture and rug that Grandma Debbie (Josh's Mom) and Pop Pops (Josh's Dad) got us. I'll upload a pic later of our new furniture set up - it looks AWESOME! Here's Grandma Debbie playing with M outside:

On Sunday, we had every intention of doing work around the house but then my dad asked Josh if he wanted to play golf. So it gave me a great excuse to hang out by the pool. M was a little grumpy but once he got by the pool he passed out which Mommy was grateful for ;-) Here's a couple of pics of this cutie:

Isn't this little tent thing awesome?? Please excuse the beer, it was a long morning with Mr. Grump-a-lufficuss



Once he woke up he was MUCH better
Alright, almost done with the pics. He's just so cute! Here are a few of Daddy and M reading some bed time stories:








We do have a sleep update. Remember how the doctors informed us that the AAP passed new regulations stating NOT to swaddle with the arms in because it increases the risk of SIDS? Because his arms are out, M has been waking up every 3-4 hours in the middle of the night wanting to be fed. After a lot of discussion, we decided to give swaddling a try Saturday night. He slept 7 hours the first stretch and then 4 hours after that! Then we tried it again last night and he slept 7 hours again before waking up!! SUCCESS IS OURS!! Sorry docs, we have to agree with our friends on this one. We will be swaddling from now on! Here's a pic of our little nugget happy in his swaddle: 





Hope everyone has a great week next week! Happy Monday! 

No comments:

Post a Comment