Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Halloween & 4 Month Check Up

Time has been FLYING by us lately. And before I knew it, M is 4 months old!! HOW DID THIS HAPPEN?? I'm going to need for him to slow down! I know we can't wait until he's a little more mobile but I keep telling myself to enjoy this time now because it is going by wayyyy too fast! Soon he's not going to want to cuddle with me anymore like his father! I have LOTS to catch up on so let's get into it ;-)

Last Thursday (Halloween), we went to Monroe to attend our very first Halloween party at the Bostics house. I have been SO excited for this and am so glad that Joshy agreed to go with me. I've said this before but it is so much fun and such a relief to go to parties/gatherings that are kid friendly. M was happy to see his future girlfriend Ashley:


We were  worried that M wasn't going to cooperate since he didn't really have a good afternoon nap. But he was SO good! He was very content on taking everything in. I am very grateful to have a flexible baby that just goes with the flow! Here are some more pics of the party:

This was our before shot. 


Between juggling M, i wasn't able to get a pic of the Hankster (Heather's son). He was such a cute puppy though! After the party, we headed to Mi Mi's house to see them before it was M's bed time.










After Paw Paw's we HAD to go visit Ms. Dawn. Of course, she got the best pic of the night. Aren't they just the cutest?



After Ms. Dawn's we went to our last stop to see Aunt Debbie and Uncle Chip. We lasted about 10 minutes there and then it was too close to bed time. M let us know very quickly that he was tired and wanted to go to bed ASAP!





All in all, he did AWESOME! I kind of expected him to hate me get mad and not want to take pictures. But he was just good with whatever we did.

Halloween was just the beginning of our fun-filled weekend. Friday night was very relaxing. It was the first night in weeks that we didn't have anything to do so we enjoyed just hanging out. Saturday we spent getting the house ready for my brother from another mother Jason and his fiance Becca's wedding shower. We were super stoked about this. It was a App State/Wake Forest tailgating shower! If there's one thing we know how to do it's drinking tailgating! Unfortunately, this was the only pic I remembered to take:

Bo Bo (Ryan - my youngest brother from another mother)

We had a blast with this shower! Everything came together perfectly and I hope they thought it was as much fun as we did!

We kicked Sunday off by taking M to his first church service. He was very into the sermon as you can see:


He's just "praying." I do this all the time sometimes. 
After the service he and Cousin Lilly were having a bonding moment:




Following church service, we went home to change then headed out to tailgate for the Panther's game. Here's a couple of shots from that:

The hattt!!! I LOVE IT!! Personal "Suck it, Keller" to my hubby for hating this hat. He is SO cute!! 


He hated me in this pic

We were so excited to finally meet Ms. Marlee M's other future girlfriend. He's a lady's man! 

This was the ending result of our day. I will say that I'm not the least embarrassed that it was only 6:30 pm and we went to bed. I'm blaming it on the Time Change ;-)

Now that we're mostly up to speed... We went to the doctor this morning for M's 4 month check up - YAYY!!! M was SUCH  a ham. He was asking her all kinds of questions this morning. Well, not really questions. He was just screaming at her. It was hilarious! That was until he go his two shots :( But he took those like a big boy too!






Here are our growth updates:

Head Circumference: 16.25 cm - 25%
Length: 25.5 in - 75%
Weight: 15 lbs - 50%

All in all everything looked great! We basically discussed how we're going to start working in rice cereal. I am SO excited about this part. We learned that it's probably better for him to still drink his formula milk/bottle before we start trying the food since he gets so hungry all of a sudden. One minute he is fine and playing. The next, he is a nightmare screaming his head off for food. Seriously. You'd think that we hadn't fed him in days!

Likes: baths, laughing, mirrors, people, people watching, reading books, playmats, standing, his jumper, eating, sleeping, pooping

Dislikes: getting his diaper changed, burping, being hungry - there's really not a lot of things he dislikes. He is such an easy baby. We are beyond blessed!

What I'm excited for: starting to work in food. I've been waiting for this for an entire month now! I'm also excited that we get to stay home this weekend. Even though I work, it will be nice that we won't have to pack everything up again!

What I'm dreading: his growing up too fast!

How Mom's doing: other than still being a fatass not fitting in my clothes, everything is great. Like I've said 2378497345 times, I want time to slow down! I am not ready for him to grow so big! Just looking at Marlee last weekend reminded me that just a few months ago he was so small. How do you mom's do this???

I am exhausted so I will leave you with some more of my favorite pics and a video of things happening this past week:

Look what M and Ms. Dawn made!! I absolutely LOVE getting these things from their time together. I am BEYOND grateful that God sent her my way! 


I'm pretty positive he has a crush on Ms. Jenna. He absolutely adores her!! 


Hamming it up for Ms. Jenna 





Got two with my good camera! 



All this playing is exhausting! 

Mommy & Daddy selfie from Sat night! 
And lastly, a video that is BEYOND CUTE:

I can't begin to tell you how much I love this kid. And his father too!

Happy Hump Day everyone! I'll be back soon hopefully!!


1 comment:

  1. LOVE, especially the video! He is just so cute! When they start to discover their vocal chords it is the BEST. Just love him (and all of you, but mainly Mase!)! :)

    ReplyDelete