Friday, November 15, 2013

Sir $hits-a-lot Strikes Again

Just when you think you're in the clear.... Sir $hits-a-lot strikes again. We were really going good for a while and not having blowouts. Well, that changed this week. Everyone told me this happened but I really thought they were exaggerating. When people would talk about this, I would often wonder if there were something wrong with their child. I mean seriously, who can possibly have that many blowouts? And there's also their exaggeration when they say it comes out different directions. How does it come out of the back? The front? The sides? Isn't that what the diaper is for?? Then I look in his britches and it all makes sense. Sometimes, I don't even have to look in his pants. It's clearly all over his clothes. We lost a lot of good men in the britches war zone this week alone. He's managed to poop through his sleeping onesie AND swaddle (twice); his entire outfit which included a onesie, corduroy pants, vest AND MY CLOTHES (how you manage to crap through those and then onto my shirt is.... amazing. Seriously, I'm not even mad. I'm impressed); and a sweater onesie that he was wearing yesterday.

To make matters worse, when I go to change him he is a bundle of joy and blatantly laughs in my face. I'm not talking giggles, I'm talking full belly laughs and squeals. He's so stealthy about it too. For example, when we returned from some errands earlier this week I was getting him out of the car seat ever so gently as to not wake him up and let him sleep on me because we all know that if you manage to get him from the car seat and into your arms without waking him up is a success. I was NOT going to chance having to put him down in his crib without waking him up. No complaints, right? Wrong. Right about the time I sat down with my sweet little sleeping nugget, I smell it. He has cleverly caught me in a inner battle. Do I wake him up if he's sleeping? No. Therefore, I have to sit through his crappy-poop-pants smell for AN HOUR!! It gets better. He wakes up giggling and smiling. I start to change him. He's pooped through his onesie, cordoroy pants, vest AND onto my clothes!! How does this happen? Is there any even in his diaper??? It looked like a sewer tank exploded in his britches and no on mine. So while I changed everything, he was looking like this for the next hour or so:


Who me? I would never poop all over you Mommy!
This is what my life has come to. What they say is true, the first year of their life is filled with conversations about poop. Good thing you're cute, kid! Just remember, pay back is a bia and you're not putting me in a home when I'm older!

Here's a few other things that have been happening this week:


Go Panthers!!! He crapped through this outfit, too. 


We LOVED visiting Mrs. Jane this week at church! 



Breakfast with Paw Paw is our favorite!

I just can't get enough of him!! 
We ALSO started food this week. He didn't really seem to hate it. Ms. Dawn has been practicing with the spoon lately so I had high hopes for tonight. And Poop Magoo did not disappoint:



Next up, we are hosting our first Thanksgiving tomorrow for the Keller side of the family. I can't wait to assist supervise  the chef in making it! Happy Friday y'all!

1 comment: