Monday, May 6, 2013

Tom Moore 5k/ Our First Baby Shower

Whew, we had a crazy busy weekend last weekend. Friday afternoon we headed up to Hickory visiting family and friends. We grilled out with Josh’s parents and then headed out for a couple of waters for this lady drinks with Stev-o & D-roc at this new Blue Moon restaurant which was fabulous! We didn’t stay too late since we had to get an early start the next morning for the Tom Moore 5k in Boone.

A few years ago, I was on the planning committee at Appalachian for this event and worked under the great Sherri Wilson & Stephanie West (you will hear about them a lot Mason because they were Mommy’s saviors in college). The Tom Moore 5k Run/Walk is very close to my heart for many reasons. This event honors Tom Moore, a member of the community who has been diagnosed with Huntington’s Disease. Tom and his family are some of the strongest people I know so we will be going to this event as much as we can.

I registered for the walk and to show my support. Josh registered to be an overachiever and run it, leaving me to walk by myself the whole way (sigh). BUT I was not the last person, so I was very satisfied with that. Fine, I must confess, I didn’t walk the entire thing. It was a longer than I remembered so I turned around with about a quarter of a mile left when I found my secret crush friend Clark Evan. We had a nice long chat on the walk back and I was very grateful that Clark Evan was nice enough to slow down to my pace because this Mommy was out.of.breath. Josh showed off did great by running under his goal time of 35 minutes! Great job, Joshy!

After the race we went to eat with Clark Evan, Stephanie, Sherri, Hannah & Anna, at my favorite pasta place in Boone, Portofinos. It was DELICIOUS! I have to remember to start taking more pics for you to truly understand the greatness of everything I’m talking about. (Sigh) This will change! Anyways, we had such a great time catching up with everyone and can’t wait until next year!

That evening I got the pleasure of driving Josh, Derrick, & Ech around Hickory for Cinco de Mayo. I have to admit, they were pretty funny so I can’t really complain. We started off at El Paso where I made one of the boys gave me their free t-shirt that was given when you order a bucket of beer. Then we made our way to the Salty Lazy Dog where I beat Ech in the last play of the final round of Shuffleboard. This chick is AWESOME and Ech is a sore loser :-P

Sunday was our first baby shower given by Aunt Leah & Grandma Debbie. It was a baseball theme and everything turned out SOOO cute! They even got the boys minus Uncle David to help out with setting up for it. Seriously, Aunt Leah really outdid herself. It never ceases to amaze me on how crafty she is! We got SOO much great things from this shower and we are extremely blessed to have such a great support system. Here are a few hundred pictures:








Cousins Mack & Chase







Until next time, have a great day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment