Monday, January 27, 2014

Two Week Round Up

Well friends, another two weeks has flown by. I have been SO busy at my new center that I’ve been too exhausted to write the blogs at the end of the day. Here’s an update of what’s been going on:

The Friday before last, Aunty Amanda was in town so I went out with the girls for dinner and drinks. I am SO happy that I did this because it was long overdue. Here’s me and Mase before Mommy’s big night out:


Love these girls! I loved pretending that I was in college for the night! Although, I remember being able to party a lot longer in college and not feeling as bad the next morning (SIGH)!

On Saturday, I worked for the first part of the morning and Joshy went to visit with Uncle Nicky and Aunt Blair while they were in town from Vegas. I was SO disappointed that I couldn’t join them but hopefully next time I’ll have off. After I got off work, Aunt Amanda and Aunt Kel stopped by to visit us for a while:
 
LOVE THEM! 
To say I love these ladies is an understatement. It was so nice to visit with them and we can’t wait to see them again soon in Florida for Aunt Ki Ki’s bachelorette party – WOOT WOOT!!

Remember discussing about M’s weird sleep freak outs? After the doctors take on it, we decided that we would try some new things. We read our books about an hour before bed time while we are in the den playing still. If it’s bath night, we follow books by getting in the bath. We are now doing a big boy bath since he can sit up on his own now. He loves this new freedom! He loves playing with all the toys that he can reach and loves getting the entire bathroom wet with splashing. Especially if you lay him down on his back to wash his legs, he gets the biggest kick out of splashing the water with his feet. Please see below:
During this time he is usually cackling out loud he thinks splashing is so funny! 

After bath time, we get dressed and go back to playing for a little while in the floor. When it’s about to be sleep time, we feed him 4 ounces of milk to get him through the night. Then we toss him in the bed with a pacifier and let him sleep. Now, this is where we part from doctor’s orders. Dr. S said that we should take the pacifier away from him at night. On one hand, I get it. However, Mase never uses the pacifier outside of his crib and when he does use it at night, he is usually playing with it. I feel like it’s more of a comfort thing for him. If he wakes up in the middle of the night he usually reaches for it. He doesn’t actually put it in his mouth, he just likes to hold it. So that’s one thing I’m not taking away from him at this point. Also, the bumper. I had serious anxiety about this and it was a HUGE decision that I was not taking lightly. I even asked specifically about the bumper at his appointment and Dr. S said, “The AAP says no bumper. Ever. It increases the risk of SIDS and blah blah blah.” Well the AAP obviously doesn’t have children and are trying to ruin my life with all these rules. Here was my dilemma: Several mornings I have woken up and the monitor has been silent meaning M hadn’t woken up OR he was in trouble. I’ve learned that 90% of the time the silence means he is doing something that he isn’t supposed to. When I go to turn on the monitor, this is what I see:
 What the french toast, right?? 

After waking up and realizing that this is NOT how the monitor is supposed to look, I walk in there to find this:
Oh, hey mom! What happened?? 



Another reason for the bumper is for injury purposes. Especially now without the sleep sack, Mason is much more active in moving throughout the crib. Having that said, sometimes he will bonk (yes, I said “bonk”) his head on the sides resulting in him getting hurt or waking himself up or he will get his limbs stuck in them. Having a bumper would decrease this.

These two are legit reasons for bumpers, right? Then why in the world am I worrying so much about said bumper??? I know a lot of people that have used bumper pads from day 1 and their children are fine. My mother used bumper pads on all of us and we are fine (for the most part, but that has nothing to do with said bumpers). After doing a lot of research, Josh and I made a very personal decision in putting the bumper on. Little did we know it was going to take forever! 

Since Mason is sitting up and already trying to pull himself up onto things around the house, we decided that we would go ahead and lower the bed before putting on the bumper. We can't have M falling out of the bed just yet! When we lowered the bed we saw how close it would be for M to get to the outlet. So then we had to move the entire room around. After what took 234798734238947 minutes forever, we finally got everything moved and got the bumper on the correct way. I will tell you that I was so nervous that I watched the monitor the entire night to make sure M wasn't going to suffocate or anything. Apart from my craziness, M has seemed fine and since then, he has only woken up once! He is now wanting to climb up the bumper all the time. Excuse me sir, no!

For our newest adventure, we are waiting for M to crawl. He is almost there! Everyone says, “don’t wish that!” But guess what?! I do wish that! I know I’ll regret saying it later but I’m so excited for him to move to the next stage! I’m sure that once he starts crawling it won’t be long until he walks. He’s already starting to get the hang of moving his feet around while standing up! Several times I have not been paying attention and he’s fallen down – whoops! No worries, he’s fine! Here’s his progress so far in attempting to crawl:


 This past weekend we left for Raleigh to celebrate cousin Lilly’s 2nd birthday. She was so excited to have her gymnastics themed party! Have I told you how hilar this kid is? There was a minor meltdown in the beginning of the party because the bday girl wanted a cupcake BEFORE playing gymnastics. Who could blame her?? It's her party, Mom, she can have cupcakes before playing if she wants to!! 

Seriously. How cute is this kid? Even her "cheese" face is cute! Also, the leg warmers were absolutely to die for. She was rocking leg muffin tops because her legs are so chunky. I just wanted to eat her up! 
Here are some other randoms over the past few weeks:

Yes, I am allowed a paper ball to be thrown at my child. For some reason he finds it hilarious! Whatever works! 

Again with his "bouncy" jumparoo. This kid could spend all day in this thing!


Homeboy loved the wooden spoon and pot. Why did we buy toys again???


Nap time on Mi Mi

Playing through the slats

I find it hysterical that he sleeps with his butt up in the air! 


Playing with Paw Paw's hat 
Where is Mason??




His Daddy loved putting this on his head

Why is my kid always naked??
After a long day, I am done here! Let's hope that it won't take another 2 weeks for me to blog! Hope everyone has a great week! 

KK


1 comment:

  1. Always naked = takes after his mother. love this kid, SO CUTE!!!

    ReplyDelete